API Spec Risk and Compliance Assessment
Secure API development starts with a good design in API specifications. This free community tool helps your API Development team enforce security best practices in API spec. Our complimentary assessment tool helps to:
- Apply a set of built-in rules to provide a risk and compliance score card
- Define your own custom rules to implement your organization’s best practices
- Quantify your API spec risk and compliance violation distribution using the scorecard
- Identify key risk and compliance violation themes manifested in the API spec
- Recommend improvement required for your API spec
- Integrate with CI/CD pipeline to ensure continuous assessment
Please upload an OpenAPI (both v2/swagger and v3 supported) API Spec in JSON/YAML file format. Our team will run a free risk assessment on your spec and send you a PDF report containing assessment details. Only built-in rules are applied.
Please contact us to download your own free API Spec Risk and Compliance Assessment tool.
Accelerate App Development with Secure Design of APIs
As enterprises are modernizing their applications, they are undergoing a major shift in architecture and infrastructure. A major force enabling rapid development is APIs. This whitepaper reviews various API design approaches, including API-First design, Iterative API Design and Service-First design and why it is essential to embed security best practices into the design and definition of API specs. Learn about CloudVector API SpARC, a tool for API specification analysis to identify security risk and compliance issues.
Learn how to evaluate secure design with these best practices:
- API Transport definitions
- Authentication and Authorization definitions
- Data Type definitions
- API Life-Cycle considerations
- API Specification file management